Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches: Celebrate

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Karren.


My need this week was for a birthday card for a guy at the office.  I wanted it to be very cheerful so I picked bright green and blue, but then grounded it with some deep brown.

FMS Celebrate

I know my circle is bigger than that on the sketch, but as soon as I thought "circle" and "birthday", I knew exactly what die set I would use.  Then I had to find a sentiment that was unique enough to stand alone on the banner.  I thought the font on this one was particularly good because it's fun, yet not frilly. (Sometimes I think I spend more time picking the sentiment with the right font and the right saying than I do on the rest of the card!)

The countdown is on for the big move to our new home (with my new craft room).  Moving is scheduled 15 days from today!  You wouldn't believe my current house - with packing and remodeling, about the only functional space right now is my craft corner, two bedrooms and one bathroom.  The kitchen is technically available but the island is gone and we have zero counter space; however, we're trying really hard to cook anyway to clear out the pantry, freezer and fridge but each meal takes twice as long as it should!  This is all reminding me why I have lived in my current house for 27 years!!

SUPPLY LIST

12 comments:

  1. How very exciting - a new house! You'll have to post pix when you get all settled! I've been trying to clear out the extraneous accumulation in our house in anticipation of a move in the future...some years away, but I don't want to move all the nonsense we've collected over the years, lol! Your card is perfectly celebratory and wonderfully masculine. LOVE this color combination, too. That present tag is just right, and I do so love that striped panel. What a fun card! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great masculine birthday card -- bright, happy colors and a fun die-cut. Moving does not sound fun! But the end result will so be worth it. Keep telling yourself that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card Kim, I like the happy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the bright colors on your card! And I can’t imagine packing up my house! But a new place is so exciting.......especially when there is a new craft room involved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great take on the sketch, Kim! Perfect colors! I just want to wish you all the best with the move and many happy years in your new home! How very exciting (yet hard) after all those years in your current home! I'm very impressed that you are keeping up with your DT and your blog while packing during the remodel!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great guy card Kim! I love the colours and those sweet little stars! I totally understand the packing. I am only packing up my craft room and I'm ready to throw in the towel! So much stuff!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear you on the picking the sentiment thing. I spend an inordinate amount of time trolling my stash looking for the perfect one. And sometimes I don't have it, which is why I shop! LOL! But you've nailed this man-card with the colors and the totally non-frilly sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love this card - bright and fresh colors and design and that sentiment fits perfectly! Hope everything comes together with the house - I don't envy you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim a really fun card and that die cut is fantastic! The 15 days are going to go fast you must be so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to see pics of your new stamping room (and I'm sure you can't either.). This card rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I’m just so excited for you and your new craft room. It will be worth all the work, I’m sure. Love this wonderful card. Perfect colors andthat tag is awesome for the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Echoing the others in being charmed by this handsome, dapper card you've designed! Colours, layout, sentiment, image: masculine marvelous! Yes, the preamble to moving makes for 'interesting' times, but you're at the 'counting sleeps' stage. Let the excitement build!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!